Thursday, December 14, 2006

Day 4

Todays mission was to go out and ask 30 women directions to the post office. It was a bit of a piss task. I went to my usual tourist area where there is no post office at all. Just loads of shops and shoppers. I got some of the funniest looks from the women - one girl said "you know what nobody has ever asked me that around here".

I approached 30 in an hour, I got a bit bored of this task and drifted away.. a few times. Looking at the shops.

I get really chilled, and asked like 3 women in the same vincity one after another (I counted that as one approach). I got so relaxed that I even tried to steal a £5 voucher from a books etc. (a bookshop). The clerk was organising the contents of her draw and had some gift vouchers on the counter, I approahced and asked about a book, while she was looking up the book I quickly grabbed a voucher and put it in my pocket. A male clerk rushed from beside and said, I'm sorry can you give that back? It's not for you to take. I responded "OMG you're so rude, I thought it was free for customers, why do you have it lying around on the counter for". I completely reframed the situation and put the blame back on them. I would never have done that in normal situations, dunno what was going through my mind then.

There's nothing special to report for this mission, I could have done something a bit more useful with my time to be honest.

I learnt a few things though.

  • to keep my distance away from the target when initially talking to her, until she comes closer.
  • speak slow, half the time when I think I'm being blown out, I'm not really, women get approached all the time - they have little time for guys (so you better make sure you make an impression first time round), if they can't hear me first time round, usually instead of askig to repeat myself they'll just say 'no' or something retarded like that. Even if I've asked an open ended question.
Tiger

No comments: