Saturday, December 30, 2006

day 16

Task: approach a girl in a coffee shop and ask to sit with her for coffee, sit down talk to her and finish the coffee and leave if you wish.

Man, this was a tough one, but looking back at it now. I can do it any time now, however when I was doing it felt very painful. It was reminiscent of the times when I moved school and I had to make new friends, and had to ask people if I could hang out with them.

I felt that emotion at the time. I shouldn’t have looked at it that way, because I projected that belief through my body language and they could sense it, and were probably weirded out from it.

I approached 2 sets, first set were 2 girls. I walked up and said, “hey guys we should have coffee together!”. The girls both looked at each other, then the alpha chick smiled and said “who are you with?”, I said “I am alone”. Then she said “OK, sit here” and cleared a chair next to her.

I had 0 power in this interaction, and felt like such a chump. It was a weird experience, that I don’t want to repeat it (in that fashion), but I am glad I experienced it which will help my game. We had a pleasant conversation, entirely non-sexual. I was in LJBF from the start. But I did it!!!

The second set was OK, it was a lone set. I approached the same way, she was a bit uncomfortable and allowed me to sit down. The crap part was that there was one dude, sitting quite close on a table near by. Who refused to look away, what a creepy voyer guy!

No comments: