Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Day 15

Task: Ask 30 women out for coffee, without any expectation to actually go and drink coffee with them and if #-close is on the table, to delete the number straight away afterwards.

I don’t know what this business of deleting the number straight away was all about; I guess it’s purely psychological, so that the student goes in with the attitude of not caring about results.

This mission was my demon, and I was determined to bust through this. I went out on boxing day to do this but failed, I went home after doing 10 approaches, putting my ego on the line like this was too much for my inner game to bear.

Having completed it today with flying colours I have to say that it was nothing to do with me personally, just that the environment wasn’t suitable. The timing and the venue etc.

I experimented with various ways of doing this mission; I started of with “do you know what we should do? We should go get coffee together”, I don’t know why but I got immediate rejection from it, and no chance of even an afc conversation about it. I didn’t get why there was so much hostility.

So then I changed it to “hey why don’t we go for coffee and sex”. I’m not going to even comment on the reaction I got from that.

There were various different variations of it, it’s amazing how your choice of words have such a big impact on the reaction. In the end I stuck to a situational/direct sort of opener. It went like this:

“hey after you’ve finished [activity], why don’t we go grab some coffee”

where [activity] is what they are doing at the moment.

Examples
“hey after you’ve finished shopping, why don’t we go grab some coffee”

“hey after you’ve finished playing the slots, why don’t we go grab some coffee”

“hey after you’ve finished working, why don’t we go grab some coffee”

I got nothing by positive reactions from that, not positive in the sense that I got a yes. (I got a No at all times I have to say), but they all had a big smile on their face when I said that. I think it was more my delivery than anything. I walked in with a very emotionless face, and then slowly slowly as I delivered the opener I had a smile on my face. After I finished saying it they started smiling too.

The reason why I say I got a positive reaction is that, the girl automatically opens up, it’s something she doesn’t experience that often. Sure she might say NO, which is expected, but it’s put her at easy, she sees me as a fun guy. Who seems to have experience with women, cos only a guy with a lot of confidence and experience with women would have the balls to run an opener like that.

It’s one of my best openers so far I have to say, it’s so quick and effective and gets the girl to open up immediately. You can easily turn afc and use question trains like “what’s your name?”, “where are you from?”, “what are you doing here?” etc. It simply won’t matter because you the opener says a thousand things about you and DHV’s you so much. Such as
• Leader, although I’m asking her out for coffee, the way I am saying it suggests that I am in control and a dominant male, it’s more of a statement rather than a question.
• Fun guy – the smile, the unusually direct opener
• Confident
• Friendly guy
• And so much more

I found that the set hooks so fucking easily, the point of this opener isn’t to expect a positive reaction from her 99% of the times the girl will say no. But the point of this opener is that it makes a STATEMENT about me as a person. I can change threads and ask anything I like after that, i.e. “where are you from?” etc, and she will give me an honest answer and it won’t be a closed answer because she is in a happy mood. And will be willing to allow me to probe her. Which I have did.

So I have completely annihilated this mission after failing it on the first attempt, examining it now, I can truly say that I didn’t fail the mission cos I was a pussy I failed it because of the environment at the time. For sure.

Tiger

No comments: