Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Day 14

Task: go out and make conversation with 30 women, but do not check them out sexually before, during or after an interaction.

This was a bit difficult to start off, I didn’t know what I could ask them. I went on Christmas eve – a flash of brilliance popped up in my head. I devised a good opener which goes like this

“Hey I need some quick recommendations from you, I thought I bought everyone’s Christmas gifts already, but I forgot to get something for my mum. I completely lost track of whose presents I’ve bought and whose I haven’t. Do you have any recommendations that you could give me”.

It was a good opener, and suited the situation, I talked to 30 girls… at first they weren’t very receptive on the approach, which was expected cos it was that time of the year when everyone is in a mad rush to complete the shopping, but as soon as I mentioned not getting anything for my mum a flash of excitement and a big smile painted their faces. It’s something that everyone can relate to I guess, and most of the girls were really helpful, one girl didn’t want me to go away she recommended me over 6 different perfumes and all the different places I can go and get them from, I’m repeating OK.. Ok… Ok.. Ok.. I’ll get it… Ok.. Ok… Ok.. LMAO!!

It was also very easy to keep the conversation going with this, I asked the girls what they bought their mum for Christmas, and busted their balls on it (mainly), if they bought their mums a cheap present.

I also approached a couple, I thought the girl was alone, I ran the opener on her and she hooked the guy darted it to intervene/AMOG, I engaged both of them immediately as I got the chance and the guy slowly drifted away again, he bought my opener! Damn I’m smooth!! Then I started trying to go for a personal vibe and ask her about what she got her mum, she was on holiday and was away from her home. I responded “Oh no, how can you do that, why didn’t you post something to her!!!!” etc

I tried it again with 2 girls, the chode walked in later in my set. Why the fuck does that always happen to me?? So I’m in set talking about Christmas, the season in general and my mum, and their mums, and this guy starts trying to break the set up and interrupting my flow. My fault really for ignoring him, He was being a retard he kepy saying every 5 seconds or so.
“why dont you get her a jumper”
“why dont you get her shoes”
“why dont you get her a handbag”
“why dont you get her perume”
I lost patience and said in a firm voice “DUDE, just chill, I need a female perspective, are you a female?”.

I kept changing the opener over time, by the end of it became really weird and it didn’t even make sense.

Tiger: “Hey I need some quick recommendations on what perfume I can buy for my mum, the shops are closing very soon”
Girl: “errm this is a clothing store”
Tiger: “I know but I’m going to a perfume store now can you give me a recommendation you look like you smell nice”
Girl: [confused] “errm OK, why don’t you go ask the clerk in the perfume store..”
Tiger: Cool, thank you, I didn’t think of that.. God bless

I guess I was in too much of a rush to think straight, it was Christmas even and I needed to end this mission as quickly as I can and go home.. have a shower.. and get ready to meet with some friends for the ice skating… which if you must know I was absolutely shit at. I used the lessons I learnt in pickup to try and get good in ice skating… I kept persevering, never admit to failure.. I fell over very bad at least 12 times. I just got up and tried again.. and again.. and again.. After the 30 minute session, I got pretty good. I couldn’t game anyone in the ring, most of the peeps were with family. Also we only got 30 mins in the ring cos the girl who organised the event turned up very late with the tickets, we all had to wait for her.

No comments: