Sunday, December 24, 2006

Day 13

Today’s exercise was to go to strip club and not look at or engage myself in a conversation with any of the girls there.

I decided to occupy my time in a strip club by writing out the blog entry for this mission on a notepad. Since I was alone, and I wasn’t going to be looking at the girls, what else was there for me to do? Stare at a blank spot on the wall?

Ok so here what I jotted down

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OK so I’m at this pole-dancing club called BROWNS, by myself, it’s a weird experience. I am writing this on my notepad as we speak. At this point I have absolutely no idea why I am asked to do this mission, from what is happening/taking place now, in my head, I think this has absolutely nothing to do with the strippers themselves, I would say this is more about not caring or giving a shit about what other people think of me, even though I am sticking out like a sore thumb. As I am writing this, there is a public pole dance where a girl came before hand and collected £1 for.

All the guys in this place are standing up watching a girl bare all to an admiring crowd, whilst I’m sitting near the back of the bar sitting down writing this out. There are huddles of strippers sitting down and drinking behind me, I have my back towards them. They must be thinking why the fuck is this guy in a strip club writing in his notebook and not watching the dance which he paid £1 for? Or they’re probably not even registering my existence. Who knows?

I am not talking to anyone I am bogged down staring into my notepad, I am starting to feel very uncomfortable right now I am occupying a whole table to myself, 1 table out of 3 that isn’t taken up by the girls. Almost all the guys are standing up and I am getting occasional glances from everybody now and then, but I don’t care I am deep in my head thinking “what is the whole purpose of this? What am I supposed to learn?”

It quite hard to look away from the stage, but I am managing, after every public dance a girl comes round to take a pound from me for the performance. I try not to look at them, keep it short – pull out the pound and pass it over.

I can see from the corner of my eye that the strippers are glancing into my pad as the come to collect the money, but they’re refraining from enquiring about it because I’m not engaging them in any way.

Ok just now for the 5th collection one girl just asked me what I am writing down.
Stripper: hey what are you doing? Are you writing your memoir about tonight or something
Me: No I am a psychology student, I am doing a report on the differences between male and female sexuality and how women behave in artificial situations. I am on a roll now so I can’t talk, seeya!
Stripper: wow that’s really interesting, good luck!

So I’ve stayed in this sleazy place for an hour now behaving very awkward, I still don’t know what the point of this was. I hope it starts to make sense on the later mission. I am beginning to feel that this will start to build up to a massive mission something on the same sort of calibre as Steve Piccus’ newbie challenge where he gets his students to walk around with a dildo attached to their heads. Or Sharks mission where he gets his students to rob a store.

I leave the place after the 5th public dance, I’ve stayed here for an hour now, as I walk past the girl whose asked me what I am doing is about to perform – she’s wiping the bar clean. She’s eye-balling me as I walk away.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok so this was what I wrote down at the time, I just realised I was probably making quite an impression on the girls, I was pimped out with my sarging gear because I was in field for a couple of hours with the guys beforehand. I was very chilled and relaxed, taking a whole table to myself. With my jacket on one chair and my foot on axis of another chair. I was completely in my zone doing my own thing and not caring about the strippers. Whilst all the other guys were standing around with huddled up near the stage. With pint glasses held up right in front of them.

I was analying the guys in the place, how the low value guys would stare at the strippers whilst they were talking to other guys. It was absolutely pathetic.

I think, if I could go back and do this mission again, I would go to a proper strip joint where the strippers actively come and approach and talk to guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shark's mission to rob a store? Wtf mission is that? I never heard of it, can you tell us more? :D